Category Archives: General


By | January 23, 2018

Until recently, when I installed a Statistics plugin on this blog, I’ve never known how popular (or unpopular) my website and blog are. To be honest, I’ve never expected much of this blog, as I don’t really update it that much as I mainly use social media when I want to say something. To my surprise, my blog… Read More » Arena? No, St James’ Park!

By | October 15, 2012

So, Newcastle United Football Club have a new sponsor who have also bought the stadium naming rights which Mike Ashley controversially showcased by renaming St James’ Park as the Sports Direct Arena. The club have announced as the new sponsor, you know, the short term loan company that charge ridiculously high interest rates, just like loan sharks do.  They… Read More »

Drop the ‘/blog’!

By | July 30, 2012

We’ve dropped the ‘/blog’! Before when you visited us at you’d be met by a redirect page which automatically redirected you to the blog by adding ‘/blog’ to the end of the URL.  Any direct links to the blog had the ‘/blog’ bit in it, and any subsequent links contained ‘/blog’ too. I have made a few changes to… Read More »

New Theme

By | April 29, 2012

I decided it was about time that I refreshed the blog with a new theme. The new theme is very different from the old one and offers greater functionality and customization. I’m busy configuring it so you may notice that things change. I hope you like it!

Durham Tees Valley Airport’s future secured by takeover

By | February 10, 2012

Peel Airports Limited has sold its 75% majority share holding in Durham Tees Valley Airport to Peel Investments (DTVA) Limited. The move will allow the airport to continue operational activities without change to workers or airlines. The remaining 25% shareholding will stay with the six local authorities. Stockton South MP James Wharton said: “We all want to see… Read More »